8:00 a.m. June 21, 2015
Join Bike Newport and hundreds of cyclists as we ride Newport County's scenic coastline while celebrating the life and passion of Dr. Elliot Kaminitz. The third annual Elliot Kaminitz Father's Day Ride will be held on June 21, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. With a range of distances from 6, 10 and 25 miles, riders of all levels can participate. We are also engaging young cyclists with a Kids "Tour de Fort", sponsored by the Rhode Island Department of Transportation. This youth program and activity area will be hosted inside the walls of Fort Adams State Park, which will provide a fun and safe environment for kids and parents to participate.
All three ride options start and finish inside Fort Adams State Park. Following the ride, food and beverages will be available for participants. Riders are encouraged to choose the distance that suits their abilities.
"There in Spirit": Can't get to Newport, but want to participate? Join us in spirit! Sign up and take a ride with your family and friends wherever you are on Father's Day morning. We'll send you a tshirt and you'll promise us a photo. Don't let the distance keep you from supporting Elliot's legacy of more, better and safer cycling.
Proceeds from this event support Bike Newport's bicycle safety programs.
For more information about supporting the 2015 Father's Day Ride:
Bike Newport: (401) 619-4900, email@example.com
• Saturday 6/20: 3:00-6:00pm Bike Newport office 437 Broadway
• Sunday 6/21: 7:00-7:45am Ride Site Fort Adams, inside the Fort
Welcome: Sunday, 6/21, 7:45 am
• 8:00am: 25-milers
• 8:10am: yoga and other warmups
• 8:30am: 10-milers
• 8:35am: 6-milers and Tour de Fort
6-mile loop will be coned and police-escorted. Pedicabs available but must be reserved by Thursday, June 18th. 10- and 25-mile loops will be marked with yellow signs. Riders must be comfortable riding with traffic and follow all road signs and signals.
• Helmet required.
• Signed waiver required will be included in registration (read here).
• Ride right, single file.
• Use hand signals.
• Obey all road signs and signals.
• Read more about local ordinances and state bike laws here.
Father's Day Ride Video:
The registration fee includes full route support for the Father's Day Ride courses as well as post- event food and entertainment. Every participant will also receive a commemorative T-shirt. Post ride festivities will be held on the Parade Field inside Fort Adams and will include live music and youth activities.
Children that are registered to ride can participate in the open rides, however they are not required to do so. All children are welcome to participate in our "Tour de Fort" activities.
Registration Fees *Same price for all route distances and "There in Spirit"
• All Bike Newport members receive 15% off their registration. For Bike Newport membership information please visit bikenewportri.org/membership.
• Children must be under 18 years old. Students must present a valid student ID.
• Registration fees include an event T-shirt and food & beverage.
• Proceeds from this event will benefit Bike Newport.
Free Bike Rentals
All five of Newport's rental shops will provide rental bikes FREE OF CHARGE to ride participants. Bikes must be picked up on Saturday afternoon and returned after the ride on Sunday. Please click here for the list of bike shops that offer rentals and call to make a reservation.
• Hooley: single speed beach cruisers
• Mansion Rentals: seven speed cruisers
• Newport Bicycle: road bikes and hybrids
• Scooter World: ten speed hybrids and electric bikes
• Ten Speed Spokes: commuter bikes, road bikes
Interested in volunteering for this event? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org