June 21, 2015 | Registration opens: 7:00am
Multiple ride starts: See schedule below
Join Bike Newport and hundreds of cyclists as we ride Newport County's scenic coastline while celebrating the life and passion of Dr. Elliot Kaminitz. The third annual Elliot Kaminitz Father's Day Ride will be held on June 21, 2015 at 8:00 a.m. With a range of distances from 6, 10 and 25 miles, riders of all levels can participate. We are also engaging young cyclists with a Kids "Tour de Fort", sponsored by the Rhode Island Department of Transportation. This youth program and activity area will be hosted inside the walls of Fort Adams State Park, which will provide a fun and safe environment for kids and parents to participate.
All three ride options start and finish inside Fort Adams State Park. Following the ride, food and beverages will be available for participants. Riders are encouraged to choose the distance that suits their abilities.
"There in Spirit": Can't get to Newport, but want to participate? Join us in spirit! Sign up and take a ride with your family and friends wherever you are on Father's Day morning. Send us a photo and/or tag the Father's Day Ride! Don't let the distance keep you from supporting Elliot's legacy of more, better and safer cycling.
Proceeds from this event support Bike Newport's bicycle safety programs.
For more information about supporting the 2015 Father's Day Ride:
Bike Newport: (401) 619-4900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, June 20th:
• 3:00-6:00pm: Late registration and check-in at Bike Newport HQ, 437 Broadway, Newport
Sunday, June 21st:
• 7:00am: Late registration opens on site
• 7:00am: 45-minute yoga warmup with Newport Yogis (BYO mat or towel, and feel free to leave it in the Safe Keeping Area)
• 7:45am: Welcome
• 8:00am: Ride start 25-milers
• 8:00am: Newport Yogis will begin sun salutations that all can join in before they roll out. Open to all people, all ages, to come and go.
• 8:30am: Ride start 10-milers and Bay Walk
• 8:45am: Ride start 6-milers
• 8:45am: Tour de Fort opens
The 6-mile loop will be coned and police-escorted. Pedicabs are available, but must be reserved by Thursday, June 18th. The 10- and 25-mile loops will be marked with yellow signs and road marks. Riders must be comfortable riding with traffic and follow all road signs and signals.
• Helmet required.
• Signed waiver required for
• Ride right, single file.
• Use hand signals.
• Obey all road signs and signals.
• Read more about local ordinances and state bike laws here.
Father's Day Ride Video:
Online registration ends at 2:30pm on Saturday, 6/20. You can still register in person on Saturday, 6/20 from 3:00-6:00pm at Bike Newport (437 Broadway, Newport) or the morning of the event starting at 7:00am.
The registration fee includes full route support for the Father's Day Ride courses as well as post- event food and entertainment. Post ride festivities will be held on the Parade Field inside Fort Adams.
This year, for the first time, no one will miss the ride for financial reasons. There is a “fee waiver request” on the registration form as well as the opportunity for riders to sponsor other riders. Everyone who wants to ride will be able to ride. Our goal is to get more families and individuals of all ages and abilities to participate and to ensure that no one is denied the chance to ride.
Children who are registered to ride can participate in the open rides, however they are not required to do so. All children are welcome to participate in our "Tour de Fort" activities.
Early Bird Discount
Save 15% on all ticket purchases by registering by April 30th! Enter "FDREARLYBIRD" at checkout.
Registration Fees *Same price for all route distances and "There in Spirit"
• All Bike Newport members receive 15% off their registration. Email Liza for your coupon code. For Bike Newport membership information please visit bikenewportri.org/membership.
• Children must be under 18 years old. Students must present a valid student ID.
• Registration fees include food & beverage.
• Proceeds from this event will benefit Bike Newport.
Free Bike Rentals
The following local rental shops will provide rental bikes FREE OF CHARGE to ride participants. Bikes must be picked up on Saturday afternoon and returned after the ride on Sunday. Click on shops listed here for more information.
Volunteers are needed for all aspects of the ride. Positions include registration, route marking, assisting with the Kids Tour de Fort, and more. Please email us your interest - we’d love to have your help!